Children's Fixed Braces
- With high tech fixed braces and colour co-ordination, your kids achieve can achieve a stunning smile!
- Fixed orthodontic appliances remain the gold standard in tooth alignment procedures.
- Fixed braces allow the orthodontist full control of the movement of the tooth crowns ( the white pearly parts of teeth) and the tooth roots.
- This equals beautiful results and means that together with excellent tooth brushing, kicking out the sugary snacks and with regular care from your general dentist your kid’s teeth can last a lifetime!
- Cleaning your fixed braces is super-important.
- Make sure you remove all plaque from around the fixed attachments and your gum margins.
- Look after your teeth and gums. Let them know how much you love them!
- Braces are beautiful.
Call us on
Savernake Dental Practice
These photos are of a young teenager who was very embarrassed with the appearance of her prominent upper canine tooth. Upper and lower fixed metal braces gently created more space so her canine tooth could fit in perfectly. There was no need to remove any teeth to create space.
Can you see that she has beautifully aligned teeth and a slightly wider smile after the braces had finished their work?
What our patients say
Children's Fixed Braces Options
- Pre-teens and teenagers can opt for funky colours or classic silver modules to wear on their fixed braces – why not show off a bit?
- Some young patients prefer Damon System Fixed Braces which don’t need modules and others prefer aesthetic fixed braces which blend in with your teeth.
This depends on how misaligned your teeth are and your individual biology and growth status. Generally teeth move faster in growing patients and for most kids fixed brace treatments will around 18 -24 months.
Everyone who has their teeth straightened needs to wear retainers. Retainers keep your teeth in their corrected positions and are really important!
It may be a little uncomfortable for the first few days after your fixed braces are fitted and this improves quickly. By using light forces we aim to keep your teeth straightening out gently with minimum discomfort.
Fixed braces may rub the inside of your mouth a little while you are getting used to them. We will give you protective wax to use and it will soon get better.
Your orthodontist will talk with you and your parents about other risks in wearing braces but the main thing is always to look after your teeth and braces and wear a mouthguard for sport if we advise you to.
Ask your dentist to be referred for a specialist orthodontic consultation or contact us directly. We would love to help you!
Meet Our Specialist Orthodontist
Denise Taylor - Specialist Orthodontist
Specialist in Orthodontics - BDS Lpool and Dorth RCS
Dr Denise Taylor originally qualified as a dentist at Liverpool University. She then undertook Specialist orthodontic training for several years, culminating in the Diploma in Orthodontics of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Denise is on the Specialist List in Orthodontics and has worked as a specialist in both NHS hospitals and private practice. Denise is certified in the provision of Incognito braces and Damon System appliances and is highly skilled in all contemporary orthodontic techniques